Friday, November 23, 2007

The full moon

Well - Still no baby yet, and Thanksgiving has passed. Now I am hoping for the full moon which is tomorrow! Lisa has been feeling crampy and has had indigestion the last couple of days. I am pretty sure that means something is up - or down as the case may be.

This Thanksgiving was the best ever as far as food is concerned - Nothing burned, no overflowing cake pans, and no dry turkey. A major success! The only thing wrong was... NO Homemade APPLE PIE! Steffie and Sue went out foraging for one for Mario and all they came back with was a small hostess apple pie. Before we had a chance to split it 9 ways, Mario had scarfed it down. That was really ok though since we had, let me see, 5 other dessert options; brownies, ice cream, chocolate dream whip, Gregory's Octopus cake, and pumpkin pie.

After dinner, Gregory and I went for a walk down towards the water with Koen in the stroller. We had to do something after gorging ourselves at dinner. It was 60 degrees out and the almost full moon was rising on our walk back to the house - just spectacular. Koen fell sound alseep on the way back and I stayed on the porch with him so he could nap a little. While he was sleeping I got a cool shot of the moon. If I can figure out how to do it, I will post the photo.

Cross your fingers we head to the hospital in the morning.

1 comment:

snobbyblogger said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you're going to the hosptial tomorrow morning. Great start to your new blog, congrats! At least you've got the birth of something right now, ha ha!
-alex (I'll be listed as Daydream Believer...)